It is possible to pack your child a healthy and nutritious lunch that they will want to eat?
Here are some of our ideas:
- Try a picnic in their lunch box! Slice up some tomatoes, ham, cheese, lettuce, grated carrot and a wholemeal wrap for them to build their own lunch!
- Vegies are usually overlooked when packing a lunchbox – why not try some sliced carrots, cucumbers with some dip (remember if the weather is warm, leave the dip out of the lunchbox!)
- Frozen yoghurt is a great idea during the warmer months as it’s ready to eat by lunch!
- Home-made sushi is always a lunch-box hit
- Last night’s left-overs are a great change from the sandwich.
- Starchy foods such as pasta, wholemeal bread, Lebanese bread & potatoes will fill your child’s tummy up!
- Lean proteins such as tuna or salmon will give them the much needed energy that kids need when at school
- WATER!! – try to stick to giving your child water and avoid high-sugar drinks such as juice & soft drinks.
Here are some links:
Leave a comment
You must be Logged in to post a comment.